-
Rai wins first major at PGA with back-nine birdie blitz
-
Woad bags second LPGA title at Queen City Championship
-
Lebanon says Israeli strikes kill 7 as Hezbollah condemns talks
-
Revived La Rochelle trounce Top 14 leaders Toulouse
-
PSG beaten by Paris FC in Ligue 1 as Lille qualify for Champions League
-
Griezmann apologetic on emotional Atletico Madrid farewell
-
Raging Neymar forced off by refereeing error as Santos lose
-
Sinner extends Masters tournament streak on home turf, eyes French Open
-
Canadian cruise passenger confirmed positive for hantavirus
-
England see off gutsy France to clinch another Women's Six Nations
-
Sevilla safe despite Real Madrid defeat, Mallorca on brink
-
UK police detail arrests after far-right rally and counter demo
-
Smalley tees off with PGA lead and stars in hot pursuit
-
Trump issues dire warning to Iran to accept peace deal
-
West Ham on brink of Premier League relegation, Man Utd seal third
-
Bulgaria's Eurovision winner flies home to rapturous welcome
-
Starc takes four to keep Delhi alive in IPL
-
Kyiv residents protest 'dangerous' civil code, call for LGBTQ rights
-
Modiba thunderbolt gives Sundowns victory in African final first leg
-
World champions England see off France to clinch another Women's Six Nations
-
Taiwan's leader says island will not be 'traded away'
-
Sinner wins Italian Open, extends Masters tournament streak
-
'Michael' moonwalks back to top of N. America box office
-
Putter powers sizzling Kitayama to record 63 at PGA
-
Travolta channelled film greats in low-thrust plane movie
-
Scotland rugby great Scott Hastings dead at 61 - SRU
-
Fujimori and Sanchez advance to Peru runoff: official results
-
Italian PM meets victims of Modena car incident
-
'Fight relentlessly': Ukraine commander vows strikes into Russia
-
Kitayama fires sizzling 63 at PGA as No.1 Scheffler starts
-
Fernandes equals Premier League assist record in Man Utd win, West Ham brace for Newcastle
-
Ireland thrash Scotland 54-5 in Women's Six Nations to finish third
-
Vingegaard climbs to victory as Eulalio holds firm in pink
-
Carrick expects clarity on Man Utd future in 'coming days'
-
Eyewitness says Modena tragedy could have been even worse
-
Around 10 'new' victims in France's Epstein probe: prosecutor
-
Shock threat by billionaire Bollore's Canal+ group rocks French cinema
-
Kohli, Venkatesh dazzle as Bengaluru qualify for IPL play-offs
-
Probes ongoing into alleged abuse at 84 Paris preschools: prosecutor
-
Di Giannantonio wins Catalan MotoGP Grand Prix, Alex Marquez injured in horror crash
-
Fernandes equals assist record as Man Utd edge Forest thriller
-
Earps to leave PSG, in talks with London City Lionesses
-
Bowlers, Joy put Bangladesh on top in second Pakistan Test
-
Alex Marquez injured in horrific Catalan MotoGP crash
-
'Message for friends and foes': Libyan National Army conducts grand exercises
-
Bayern's Neuer sidelined again with leg issue
-
Adam Driver shuts down question about clashes with Lena Dunham
-
British soprano Felicity Lott dies aged 79
-
Roma near Champions League return with derby triumph, Napoli secure top four
-
Denmark's Antonsen wins badminton Thailand Open title
X says Brazil service restoration 'inadvertent' and 'temporary'
Elon Musk's X social network said on Wednesday that the restoration of its services in Brazil, where it had been shut down, was "inadvertent and temporary."
Some Brazilian users were surprised to once again have access to the platform, formerly Twitter, from their phones after a Supreme Court judge last month ordered its suspension in a bitter legal standoff with Musk.
In a statement, X said the company had switched network providers in order to continue providing services to its Latin American users, resulting in the temporary restoration.
"This change resulted in an inadvertent and temporary service restoration to Brazilian users," the statement said.
"While we expect the platform to be inaccessible again shortly, we continue efforts to work with the Brazilian government to return very soon for the people of Brazil."
Earlier, the Brazilian Association of Internet and Telecommunications Providers (ABRINT) attributed the return of X to an update of the app to Cloudflare software, which uses constantly changing IP addresses.
Brazil's shutdown of X infuriated Musk and has fueled a fierce debate on freedom of expression and the limits of social networks, both inside and outside the country.
The social media platform has more than 22 million users in Brazil.
The hashtag "Twitter is back" was one of the most used in the country on Wednesday.
- Ongoing feud -
Judge Alexandre de Moraes last month ordered X to be banned after Musk refused to remove dozens of right-wing accounts accused of spreading fake news, and then failed to name a new legal representative in the country as ordered.
He also ruled that those using "technological subterfuges" such as virtual private networks (VPNs) to access the blocked site could be fined up to $9,000.
Moraes has repeatedly clashed with the South African-born billionaire after making it his mission to crack down on disinformation.
Last week, he ordered the transfer of about $3 million from Musk's companies to pay fines incurred by X.
Moraes also froze the assets of X and Musk's satellite internet operator Starlink -- which has been operating in Brazil since 2022, especially in remote communities in the Amazon -- to ensure payment of fines imposed on the social network for flouting court orders.
Musk reacted angrily to the suspension, calling Moraes a "dictator" and repeatedly targeting the judge in posts to his 198 million followers on X.
Brazil's leftist President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva had hailed the ban, but his far-right predecessor Jair Bolsonaro was staunchly against it and welcomed the technical tweak that brought X back online.
"I congratulate all those who have pushed to defend democracy in Brazil," he wrote on the platform.
A.Jones--AMWN