
-
Outdoor athletics season should be longer, says Coe
-
Russian composer Rodion Shchedrin dies aged 92: Bolshoi
-
Thai court to rule on PM's fate after Cambodia phone call row
-
Last French survivor of key WWII desert battle dies aged 103
-
NZ police say CCTV shows father on the run for four years
-
Vandalism hobbles Nigeria's mobile telephone services
-
Indonesia leader orders investigation into driver's protest death
-
At 81, DJ Gloria fills Sweden's dancefloors
-
Japan seeks record defence budget, to triple drone spending
-
Late-night Paul battles through at US Open in 1:46 am finish
-
Jury finds Australian croc wrangler lied about air crash
-
Mistrust undermines Ivory Coast's universal healthcare dream
-
Sinner on the march as Swiatek, tearful Gauff toil at US Open
-
Australian police urge gunman to surrender after officers killed
-
Nanjing massacre film set becomes China school holiday hotspot
-
Celtic and Rangers seek Old Firm tonic for Champions League trauma
-
Aussie Rules player latest found with concussion-linked brain disease
-
Zelensky urges more Western pressure on Putin after deadly Russian attack
-
US ends tariff exemption for small packages shipped globally
-
Asia stocks mixed after Wall St hits new highs
-
Cash-strapped Taliban look to airspace for windfall
-
Biles' presence helps Gauff win US Open crying game
-
'Female power': Japan erotic art destigmatised in new exhibit
-
Olympic marathon champion Hassan opts for Sydney ahead of worlds
-
Atletico already playing catch-up after poor La Liga start
-
Lyon find cause for optimism after turbulent summer
-
Sinner on the march as tearful Gauff, Swiatek toil at US Open
-
Julia Roberts to make Venice debut in cancel culture drama
-
Big numbers set to remain a feature of Women's Rugby World Cup
-
Families lose hope for Salvadorans held in gang crackdown
-
Trump thumbs nose at decades of India courtship
-
Gauff wins crying game to reach US Open third round
-
Arsenal seek statement win at Liverpool, Amorim faces Burnley must-win
-
Nakiki SE: Nakiki SE Prepares US Expansion with Investment in Topstonks
-
Hemogenyx Pharmaceuticals PLC Announces Result of Audit Tender
-
Cowboys trade Parsons to Packers in blockbuster NFL deal
-
Russian attack killing 23 in Kyiv unleashes international fury
-
Venezuela revives heroes with AI to spur reservists on US 'threat'
-
Solskjaer sacked by Besiktas after European flop
-
Froome to undergo surgery after breaking back in training crash
-
Trump moves to end US tariff exemption for small packages
-
US targets Venezuela over 'Soles' cartel. Does it exist?
-
Coe hails 'overwhelming support' for gene testing ahead of Tokyo worlds
-
Solskjaer fired by Besiktas after Conference League failure, Palace squeeze through
-
Osaka slams Ostapenko rant in US Open 'racism' storm
-
Rubio to visit Mexico, Ecuador next week to discuss migration, China
-
US church shooter 'obsessed with idea of killing children'
-
US stocks reach new peaks as investors digest US GDP
-
US approves $825 mn missile sale to Ukraine
-
Rubio to visit Mexico, Ecuador next week to discuss migration, China: US

Meghan Markle's Netflix show delayed due to LA fires
A new Netflix series starring Meghan Markle, the actress wife of Britain's Prince Harry, has been delayed due to the devastating Los Angeles wildfires, the Duchess of Sussex said Sunday.
"With Love, Meghan," an eight-episode lifestyle and cooking show, had been due to debut on the streaming platform on Wednesday.
But with blazes that have killed at least 16 people still burning across Los Angeles, and thousands of homes destroyed, it has been pushed back to March.
"I'm thankful to my partners at Netflix for supporting me in delaying the launch, as we focus on the needs of those impacted by the wildfires in my home state of California," Markle said in a statement.
Markle, who was born in Los Angeles, lives with Harry in Montecito, a swanky coastal enclave some 100 miles (160 kilometers) northwest of the city.
A Netflix statement called the show a "heartfelt tribute to the beauty of Southern California."
The delay was made at "the request of Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and with the full support of Netflix.... due to the ongoing devastation caused by the Los Angeles wildfires," it said.
Last week, Harry and Meghan were seen in the Los Angeles suburb of Pasadena, comforting survivors of the fire.
They also issued a statement urging Californians to open their homes to evacuees.
"If a friend, loved one or pet has to evacuate and you are able to offer them a safe haven in your home, please do," said a statement posted to their official website.
A publicist did not respond to AFP request for comment on whether the couple had personally hosted any evacuees.
But a report in Britain's Telegraph said they were sheltering "friends and loved ones who have been displaced by the wildfires."
The pair had also donated "clothing, children's items and other essential supplies," it said.
A trailer for "With Love, Meghan" previewed the "Suits" star sharing tips on cooking, gardening, crafting, flower arranging and hosting.
Guests will include celebrated chef Alice Waters, actress Mindy Kaling and close friend Abigail Spencer, one of Markle's "Suits" co-stars. Harry appears briefly in the trailer.
Since stepping away from their official royal duties in early 2020, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been cut off from the royal purse, forcing them to develop their own sources of income.
Their partnership with Netflix yielded the much-talked-about "Harry & Meghan," a six-episode docuseries launched in December 2022.
In March 2024, Meghan launched the lifestyle brand American Riviera Orchard.
O.M.Souza--AMWN