-
Five things to know about South Africa's anti-migrant protests
-
Tennis players 'ignored' in pay dispute, says Fritz
-
France announces billion-euro boost for quantum computing
-
Pick of Pep Guardiola's quotes during his time at Manchester City
-
Leinster's Lowe misses out on Champions Cup final selection
-
Tuchel has no fears after omitting star names from England's World Cup squad
-
Michael Carrick given permanent deal as Man Utd manager
-
Leinster's Cullen wants Champions Cup to be 'protected' after format change reports
-
Pep Guardiola's finest Manchester City moments
-
Guardiola to step down after glittering decade at Man City
-
Michael Carrick given permanent deal as Man Utd manager - club
-
India warns of power use as demand peaks during heatwave
-
Bad Bunny kicks off European leg of tour in Barcelona
-
PSG's Moroccan defender Hakimi bids to have rape case dismissed
-
Slot says he shares Salah ambition for Liverpool
-
German business morale rises for first time since Iran war
-
Palmer and Foden left out of England World Cup squad
-
Indian duo dies on Everest as record breaker warns of overcrowding
-
Real Madrid coach Alvaro Arbeloa says will leave post
-
Neuer to miss German Cup final in latest injury setback
-
Thousands clash with Bangladesh police over alleged child rape
-
Palmer, Foden left out of England World Cup squad
-
NATO ministers sound out US on Trump's 'confusing' troop moves
-
Middle East war casts shadow over million-strong hajj pilgrimage
-
Foden, Palmer to miss out on England World Cup squad - reports
-
'Confusing': NATO allies sound out US on Trump's troop moves
-
UK police prepared to probe Andrew sexual misconduct claim
-
Slow Food's 'visionary' founder Carlo Petrini dies aged 76
-
India capital's motor-rickshaws get Trump makeover
-
Dynasties clash as Barcelona and Lyon face off in Women's Champions League final
-
Organized criminals kill at least 25 in Honduras
-
North Korean women deny 'rough' play ahead of Asian club final
-
Giant wind turbine rises in Germany amid far-right headwinds
-
Mangrove loss threatens Sierra Leone's oyster harvesters
-
No way home for Eid as jihadists cut off Mali capital
-
Vietnam auctions convicted tycoon's Hermes handbags for over $500k
-
Trump-backed push for deep-sea mining 'unlawful': international regulator to AFP
-
Uno targets Olympics in figure skating comeback
-
Bayern hope to avoid 'bitter' end as spoilers Stuttgart await in German Cup
-
What to look out for in final La Liga weekend
-
Five stars ready to light up the World Cup
-
India generates record power as demand surges in severe heatwave
-
Asian equities climb on Mideast optimism, oil edges higher
-
Japan inflation slows more than expected in April
-
Second-half surge carries Knicks past Cavs for 2-0 NBA East lead
-
NATO allies to sound out US top diplomat after Trump Iran ire
-
Belgium worries as migrant crossings to Britain rise
-
Women's Tour Down Under to run alongside men's race
-
Something coming: what scientists know about a potential 'super' El Nino
-
French football's pioneering British champions
US, Ukraine hail 'productive' Miami talks but no breakthrough
US and Ukrainian envoys issued a joint statement on Sunday that hailed "productive and constructive" talks in Miami, but did not announce any apparent breakthrough in efforts to end the war with Russia.
Top representatives of Ukraine and Russia, as well as Kyiv's European allies, have been in southern Florida over the past several days for a series of separate talks hosted by US President Donald Trump's special envoy, Steve Witkoff.
Despite a flurry of high-level meetings in recent weeks, there have been no clear signals of imminent resolutions to key hurdles on ending the nearly four-year war.
The diplomatic blitz came after Washington last month presented a 28-point plan on the war that was widely seen as echoing the Kremlin's demands.
It has since been redrafted following Ukraine and Europe's involvement, though its contents have not been publicly disclosed.
"Over the last three days in Florida, the Ukrainian delegation held a series of productive and constructive meetings with American and European partners," Witkoff and Ukraine's top negotiator, Rustem Umerov, said in separate statements on X.
They said a bilateral US-Ukraine meeting focused on developing and aligning positions on "four key documents" -- a "20-point plan," a "Multilateral security guarantee framework," a "US Security guarantee framework for Ukraine" and an "economic & prosperity plan."
"Particular attention was given to discussing timelines and the sequencing of next steps," they said, without announcing any further meetings.
National security advisors from Kyiv's European allies "also joined the discussions to align on a shared strategic approach between Ukraine, the United States, and Europe," the statements added.
Russian envoy Kirill Dmitriev was also in southern Florida and believed to have met with the US delegation, which includes billionaire real estate developer Witkoff and Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner.
A video on Russian state media showed Dmitriev arriving in a motorcade to Witkoff's Shell Bay luxury golf club.
The Kremlin on Sunday said recent proposed changes to the plan to end the war were a non-starter.
Dmitriev "should receive information about what has been developed by the Americans and Europeans" in the plan and report that back to Moscow later, Kremlin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov told state TV.
Moscow, which invaded Ukraine in February 2022, sees Europe as pro-war and argues its participation in the talks only hinders them.
- War rages on -
While little is known of the latest peace plans, Kyiv is likely to be expected to surrender some territory -- a prospect resented by many Ukrainians -- in exchange for US security guarantees.
Though envoys from both Moscow and Kyiv were in town, the Kremlin had earlier ruled out three-way talks.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky earlier described the talks as "constructive" and said they were "moving at a fairly rapid pace."
He nevertheless cautioned that "much depends on whether Russia feels the need to end the war for real."
He also hailed this week as "historic" for Ukraine, thanking Europe for pledging $100 billion of funding over the next two years.
Moscow's troops have been steadily advancing at the eastern front in recent months. Putin on Friday hailed the Russian army's territorial gains -- and threatened more in the coming weeks.
Just over the week, "Russia has launched approximately 1,300 attack drones, nearly 1,200 guided aerial bombs, and 9 missiles of various types" against Ukraine, Zelensky said.
Most of them have pummelled the Black Sea region of Odesa, where relentless strikes wrought havoc on ports, bridges and energy facilities, killing eight people Saturday.
In the eastern Sumy region, Russian troops attempted a breakthrough in an area previously spared from an intense ground offensive. Russian forces forcibly moved 50 people from a local village, said Kyiv.
"Russian invaders have stolen five dozen civilian people, mostly elderly women, from a tiny Ukrainian village Grabovske, right across the state border in the Sumy region," Foreign Minister Andriy Sybiga said.
Russia made no comment on the matter.
Ch.Kahalev--AMWN