-
Lights out, crowds gone: Havana waits for what comes next
-
Premier League's new bosses brace for battle
-
How families in Milei's Argentina sank deep into debt
-
Zambia's Hichilema: 'cattle boy' and two-time president
-
Zambia's Hichilema wins re-election with 60% of vote
-
Elderly far more at risk from rising heat than thought: study
-
Jeanie Buss to fight siblings over sale of 17.8% stake in Lakers: reports
-
Brazil's Lula hails new oil find as 'passport to the future'
-
Paramount demands $1.9 billion surety over states' merger lawsuit
-
Rybakina slogs through double rain delays in Cincinnati win
-
Latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Two largest US reservoirs hit record lows amid western drought
-
NBA has no evidence of Clippers salary cap cheating: report
-
Colombian minister under fire over beach holiday post-quake
-
Boehly and Walter consider selling Chelsea stake to Clearlake Capital
-
Lamour leaves key FIFA position after criticising Infantino
-
OpenAI to lease massive new AI data center in US, backed by Nvidia
-
Buss family sells 17.8% stake in Lakers to Iger group
-
US stocks fall on spiking bond yields, higher oil prices
-
Mangione state murder trial postponed after federal guilty plea
-
LIV Golf cancels Michigan event, to decide team title at Indy
-
Trump envoy says Hamas disarmament could begin within 30 days
-
Rodri arrives at Barcelona to complete 'dream' move
-
US pauses construction of border project in Texas national park
-
Discord suspends livestreams in Brazil after teen's suicide
-
Thousands mourn dead black academic in London vigil
-
Tupac Shakur's accused killer was out for 'revenge', jury hears
-
South Africa Test series a lot tougher than a World Cup says All Blacks coach Rennie
-
Netanyahu presses role for US general in Hamas disarmament
-
Coventry sign Nigeria striker Awoniyi from Forest
-
US-Palestinian says 'terrified' as he returns to property besieged by settlers
-
TripleDart tops $7 million ARR with AI-led growth, reports 50 per cent EBIT margin
-
Amboss Opens Affiliate Program: Earn Recurring Bitcoin Commissions by Growing Bitcoin Payments
-
Bipartisan backlash as Trump scales back US-South Korea drills
-
Netanyahu, Kushner discuss US general for Hamas disarmament: Israeli official
-
'Never seen one like it': German pensioners flee wildfire
-
Scottish FA withdraws support for FIFA boss Infantino
-
Ipswich sign Enciso and Ouattara in double raid on Strasbourg
-
Belgium fire halts short of German border, but not 'contained'
-
UN laments 'unacceptable' toll of 350 aid workers killed in 2025
-
Number one Shi suffers shock first-round exit at badminton worlds
-
Former child star actress Hayden Panettiere dead at 36
-
Kolisi and Nche may miss South Africa Test against New Zealand
-
Pakistan captain Babar Azam doubtful for England opener
-
Trump threatens Oman: latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Pentagon inks Tomahawk deal amid reports of missile shortfall
-
Stocks lower as Hormuz concerns and high oil prices persist
-
Rain halts India push after Dinusha century lifts Sri Lanka
-
Crowds turn out for 'Total Eclipse' singer Bonnie Tyler's funeral
-
Dinusha hits century as Sri Lanka post 284 in first India Test
Trump says 'not satisfied' yet on Iran deal
US President Donald Trump said Wednesday he was not yet satisfied with Iran's offers to make a deal, after Iranian state television reported details of what it claimed was a draft agreement.
Speaking at a cabinet meeting in the White House, Trump added that he was in no rush to reach an accord to end the Middle East war, despite saying at the weekend that one was close.
"Iran is very much intent, they want very much to make a deal. So far they haven't gotten there. We're not satisfied with it, but we will be," Trump said.
"Either that or we'll have to just finish the job," he said, referring to threats to resume the military operations that the United States and Israel launched on February 28 and paused in April.
Trump added that the Iranians were "negotiating on fumes."
Iranian state TV said earlier Wednesday that a draft outline of a memorandum of understanding with Washington included a commitment to lift the naval blockade on Iran, restore traffic in the Strait of Hormuz and withdraw US forces from the Gulf.
The White House called the report a "complete fabrication."
Trump insisted that he was not in a hurry to reach a deal, despite the Iran war causing the cost of living to spike for Americans ahead of midterm elections in November.
The Republican has record low approval ratings with less than six months until the vote that will determine whether his party keeps control of Congress.
"They thought they were going to outwait me, you know, 'we'll outwait him, he's got the midterms,'" Trump said, referring to Iran.
"I don't care about the midterms."
- 'Blow them up' -
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio, sitting next to Trump, said there had been "some progress and some interest" in the talks with Iran.
"We'll see over the next few hours and days whether progress can be made," said Rubio.
Trump did not respond directly to the Iranian state TV report of a draft agreement, and gave sometimes contradictory accounts about how the negotiations were going.
He said that "nobody" including Iran would control the Strait of Hormuz and rejected reports that Iran and the Gulf state of Oman could control a toll system for the waterway.
The US leader, who turns 80 next month, even said that "Oman will behave just like everybody else or we will have to blow them up," in a comment that was apparently meant to be directed at Iran.
Trump then suggested that an Iran deal may be contingent on his push for Saudi Arabia and other Muslim-majority countries to sign the Abraham accords normalizing ties with Israel.
“I'm not sure we should make the deal if they don't sign," Trump said.
Trump has repeatedly said that he launched the Iran war to stop Tehran getting a nuclear weapon.
But he appeared to confirm reports that the deal under discussion could push the issue of Iran's enriched uranium stocks until later, while opening the Strait of Hormuz, which is crucial for oil traffic.
"Well, I would for some of it," Trump said when asked whether he would accept a deal for now that just calls for further talks on the uranium. "Because it's a memorandum of understanding for speed."
But Trump said he would not be comfortable with Russia or China taking Iran's uranium, another solution that has been suggested.
F.Pedersen--AMWN