-
Rain halts India push after Dinusha century lifts Sri Lanka
-
Crowds turn out for 'Total Eclipse' singer Bonnie Tyler's funeral
-
Dinusha hits century as Sri Lanka post 284 in first India Test
-
Mali jails junta-critic broadcaster, influencer for seven years
-
Stocks steady as investors weigh US rate path
-
'Nowhere to run': Indonesian quake survivors plead for help
-
Taiwan's leader says government to propose record defence spending for 2027
-
Belgium fire makes 'limited' spread overnight, more help on way
-
Cambridge head slams 'feeding frenzy' over dead academic
-
Vingegaard brings curtain down on season
-
Ebola outbreak now DR Congo's deadliest ever
-
Dickwella, Dinusha hit fifties as Sri Lanka fight back
-
Germany's coalition split over putting climate in constitution
-
Bangladesh Test cricket reboot delivers in style with historic win
-
Ukraine badminton star: 'How can you feel normal when bombs are falling?'
-
Virgin moves closer to launching Eurostar rival in 2030
-
Rain brings respite as Belgium wrestles massive wildfire
-
Indian marble waste dump becomes unlikely tourist attraction
-
Most stocks rise as US data ease rate fears but fuel economic worries
-
Coach says Australia 'let standards slip' in shock Bangladesh loss
-
India take control of Galle Test as Sri Lanka slump to 99-5
-
Hawaii recovery efforts begin as Lala downgraded, moves west
-
Australia's mushroom murderer appeals conviction
-
Food safety crackdown snares Mumbai's famed restaurants
-
The Nigerian fishing community being eaten up by the Atlantic
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with Seoul hours before start
-
Kushner to meet Netanyahu after talks with Hamas on Gaza plan
-
Nearly 13,000 displaced after deadly Indonesian quake
-
Photos, memories all that remain for Colombia's bereaved after quake
-
Axe hangs over Australian batters after Darwin 'disaster'
-
Sabalenka squeezes out win on sixth match point in Cincinnati
-
Is this cave in Turkey where Homer wrote 'The Odyssey'?
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with South Korea hours before start
-
Winning back walls from gangs, artists fill El Salvador's towns with color
-
Jason Arday: UK academic who died amid plagiarism storm
-
Opening arguments expected in Tupac murder trial
-
Sabbath cafe clash lays bare Israel faultlines
-
As machinery removes rubble, hopes for survivors from Colombian quake dwindle
-
TSS to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences
-
DataMeds AI Reports Second Quarter 2026 Financials and Provides Business Update
-
Nexscient Releases 2026 Letter to Shareholders
-
Generation Income Properties Announces Second Quarter 2026 Financial Results and Provides Shareholder Update
-
Vulcan Infrastructure and Power Publishes Investor Presentation Highlighting its Pivot to a New Growth Platform
-
Crexendo Announces Participation in Upcoming Investor Conferences
-
Norsemont Appoints Ariel Tepperman to Its Board
-
Ainos Unveils Next-Generation AI Nose, Advancing the Infrastructure for Chemical Intelligence
-
Chilean Cobalt Corp. Announces Receipt of New USD $375 Million Letter of Interest from US EXIM Bank
-
AimwellBio Secures Patented Behavioral AI Portfolio Backed by Oxford Science and Sanofi Pilot; Inventor Dr. Chris A. Jones Joins Board of Advisors
-
Dermata Therapeutics Announces $3.4 Million Private Placement Priced At-The-Market Under Nasdaq Rules
-
IGC Pharma Reports Q2 2026 Results as CALMA Alzheimer's Trial Moves Within Six Randomizations of Enrollment Closure
Kennedy Center board, Justice Dept appeal order to remove Trump's name
The board of the Kennedy Center and the US Justice Department have appealed a federal judge's ruling ordering the removal of President Donald Trump's name from the performing arts venue.
US District Judge Christopher Cooper had ordered Trump's name last month to be removed from the building in the nation's capital that houses the Kennedy Center by Friday.
The board of trustees, which consists of Trump allies, and the Justice Department filed an appeal Thursday asking Cooper to stay his ruling.
"Requiring a name change now, only to potentially revert back to the current name after appeal, would be incredibly confusing for the public," they argued.
"Absent a stay, Defendants will be forced to squander time and money -- by both removing the signage and then potentially returning it after appeal," they said.
Earlier this week, the Kennedy Center dropped Trump's name from the website of the institution.
His name remains for the time being, however, on the building's white marble facade.
In his May 29 ruling, Cooper said the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts had been illegally renamed after Trump and only Congress has the right to change its name.
He gave the administration 14 days to remove Trump's name from the facade and any materials linked to the venue.
Cooper also issued a temporary block on Trump's demand to close the Kennedy Center for two years of renovations, which was due to start in July.
A furious Trump reacted by saying he was giving up control of the venue, which he seized at the start of his second term last year by naming himself chairman.
In December, the center's governing board, which Trump stacked with loyalists, voted to rename the venue the "Trump Kennedy Center" and the Republican president's name was added to the facade in large letters above that of Kennedy.
A number of artists canceled scheduled performances following the move.
Since returning to the White House, Trump has taken repeated measures to put his name and image in official spaces -- an abrupt break with American political tradition.
The disbanded US Institute of Peace has been renamed after Trump, and his face stares down from huge banners outside the Department of Justice and Department of Agriculture.
The Trump administration is also seeking to have his image on a $250 bill to celebrate the country's 250th anniversary of the declaration of independence from Britain.
P.Santos--AMWN