-
Woad bags second LPGA title at Queen City Championship
-
Lebanon says Israeli strikes kill 7 as Hezbollah condemns talks
-
Revived La Rochelle trounce Top 14 leaders Toulouse
-
PSG beaten by Paris FC in Ligue 1 as Lille qualify for Champions League
-
Griezmann apologetic on emotional Atletico Madrid farewell
-
Raging Neymar forced off by refereeing error as Santos lose
-
Sinner extends Masters tournament streak on home turf, eyes French Open
-
Canadian cruise passenger confirmed positive for hantavirus
-
England see off gutsy France to clinch another Women's Six Nations
-
Sevilla safe despite Real Madrid defeat, Mallorca on brink
-
UK police detail arrests after far-right rally and counter demo
-
Smalley tees off with PGA lead and stars in hot pursuit
-
Trump issues dire warning to Iran to accept peace deal
-
West Ham on brink of Premier League relegation, Man Utd seal third
-
Bulgaria's Eurovision winner flies home to rapturous welcome
-
Starc takes four to keep Delhi alive in IPL
-
Kyiv residents protest 'dangerous' civil code, call for LGBTQ rights
-
Modiba thunderbolt gives Sundowns victory in African final first leg
-
World champions England see off France to clinch another Women's Six Nations
-
Taiwan's leader says island will not be 'traded away'
-
Sinner wins Italian Open, extends Masters tournament streak
-
'Michael' moonwalks back to top of N. America box office
-
Putter powers sizzling Kitayama to record 63 at PGA
-
Travolta channelled film greats in low-thrust plane movie
-
Scotland rugby great Scott Hastings dead at 61 - SRU
-
Fujimori and Sanchez advance to Peru runoff: official results
-
Italian PM meets victims of Modena car incident
-
'Fight relentlessly': Ukraine commander vows strikes into Russia
-
Kitayama fires sizzling 63 at PGA as No.1 Scheffler starts
-
Fernandes equals Premier League assist record in Man Utd win, West Ham brace for Newcastle
-
Ireland thrash Scotland 54-5 in Women's Six Nations to finish third
-
Vingegaard climbs to victory as Eulalio holds firm in pink
-
Carrick expects clarity on Man Utd future in 'coming days'
-
Eyewitness says Modena tragedy could have been even worse
-
Around 10 'new' victims in France's Epstein probe: prosecutor
-
Shock threat by billionaire Bollore's Canal+ group rocks French cinema
-
Kohli, Venkatesh dazzle as Bengaluru qualify for IPL play-offs
-
Probes ongoing into alleged abuse at 84 Paris preschools: prosecutor
-
Di Giannantonio wins Catalan MotoGP Grand Prix, Alex Marquez injured in horror crash
-
Fernandes equals assist record as Man Utd edge Forest thriller
-
Earps to leave PSG, in talks with London City Lionesses
-
Bowlers, Joy put Bangladesh on top in second Pakistan Test
-
Alex Marquez injured in horrific Catalan MotoGP crash
-
'Message for friends and foes': Libyan National Army conducts grand exercises
-
Bayern's Neuer sidelined again with leg issue
-
Adam Driver shuts down question about clashes with Lena Dunham
-
British soprano Felicity Lott dies aged 79
-
Roma near Champions League return with derby triumph, Napoli secure top four
-
Denmark's Antonsen wins badminton Thailand Open title
-
'Toxic' males Trump, Putin, Netanyahu to blame for wars, says star Bardem
King Charles and Kate back home after surgeries
King Charles III and Catherine, Princess of Wales, rested at their homes Monday after both left hospital following separate surgeries, in a double health scare for Britain's royal family.
Head-of-state Charles, 75, left the private London Clinic three days after undergoing prostate surgery.
The monarch, dressed in a suit and a black overcoat, waved to crowds as he and Queen Camilla, 76, emerged from the central London facility and got into a waiting car.
His departure came hours after Kensington Palace announced that his daughter-in-law Catherine -- whose husband is heir to the throne Prince William -- had also left the clinic after undergoing abdominal surgery earlier this month.
It is unclear when exactly the 42-year-old princess was discharged but her office said that she was making "good progress" at home at the start of a recuperation that could last months.
The pair's absence has created a frontline staffing shortage within the already slimmed-down monarchy, with William also postponing public engagements to be at his wife's side and Camilla left as the most visible working royal.
- Gratitude -
Charles, who became king upon the death of his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, on September 8, 2022, has generally enjoyed good health, barring injuries from polo and skiing.
The palace announced on January 17 that he would have a "corrective procedure" for the benign enlarged prostate the following week, and he was admitted to the clinic last Friday.
In an update, it said Charles, who spent three nights at the hospital, had rescheduled forthcoming engagements "for a period of private recuperation".
It gave no update on his medical condition, although he was said to have been "doing well" at the weekend.
"His Majesty would like to thank the medical team and all those involved in supporting his hospital visit, and is grateful for all the kind messages he has received in recent days," a statement read.
Charles wanted to publicise his own case to raise awareness about the condition, which is common in men aged over 50 and affects urination.
Symptoms include a frequent need to go to the toilet and difficulty in fully emptying the bladder.
The announcement has prompted a surge in internet searches for the term "enlarged prostate" on the state-run National Health Service (NHS) website.
Catherine, meanwhile, was treated at the hospital nearly two weeks ago and has now returned home to Windsor, west of London, to continue her recovery, according to the Kensington Palace statement.
Kate and William sent a "huge thank you" to hospital staff, and said the family "continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world".
At the time of her operation, Kensington Palace stressed that her condition was not linked to cancer, without elaborating.
- Tours scuppered? -
William, Charles's elder son, has postponed public engagements to be with his wife and to care for their three children, Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, eight, and Prince Louis, five, the palace said.
The surprise health threaten several overseas trips, according to media reports.
William and Kate had reportedly been set to travel to Rome in the coming months for their first joint overseas visit in two years.
There has also been speculation that Charles and Camilla would visit Australia this year.
Charles's sister, Princess Anne, 73, who recently went to Sri Lanka, is said to be ready to stand in for her brother at events in coming weeks.
The sudden shortage of senior working royals follows three years of upheaval.
Family patriarch Prince Philip died in 2021, then Queen Elizabeth II the following year.
Charles's younger son Prince Harry -- fifth in line to the throne -- and his wife Meghan quit their royal roles in early 2020 and relocated to California.
That followed Andrew's disastrous handling of questions about his friendship with the convicted US sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, and his decision to settle a US civil claim for sexual assault without admitting liability.
P.Santos--AMWN