-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
-
Root hails emerging fast bowlers as England thrash Pakistan
-
Bolivia's Paz forced to fire economy minister in mid-crisis
-
Brazil's Lula urges tariffs resolution in call with Trump
-
A-Rod ups T-Wolves stake in $4.5bn ownership change
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 14
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail initial £9.5mn
-
Heatwave-hit Europe logs over 30,000 excess summer deaths: first figures
-
'Grateful' ex-world champion Alaphilippe retires from cycling
-
Give LIV Golf 'one more shot,' says DeChambeau
-
US, Canada work to wrap up trade deal ahead of looming deadline
-
Duplantis hits the high notes for athletics anthem
-
Malaysia's JDT claim unbeaten run world record
-
Malaysia's JDT claims unbeaten run world record
-
At least 2 teens seriously wounded in sword attack at Swedish school
-
Bolivian economy minister fired after Congress vote
-
Popular forest near Paris to reopen after wildfire
-
Russell roars to Dutch GP sprint pole, Antonelli fifth
-
UN holds second informal poll of secretary-general candidates
Prince Harry mounts new court challenge over UK security downgrade
Prince Harry will push ahead with a court challenge in London on Tuesday as the self-exiled royal fights a decision to downgrade his personal security when he visits Britain.
Following Harry's dramatic split with the royal family in 2020 and subsequent move to North America, the British government said he would no longer be given the "same degree" of publicly funded protection when in the UK.
But the 40-year-old prince took legal action against the interior ministry and, after his initial case was rejected last year, he is now set to bring a challenge before London's Court of Appeal.
Harry and his American wife Meghan are no longer classified as working royals following their acrimonious departure from the UK in 2020, which has left them largely estranged from the family.
They have started a new life in California, but King Charles III's younger son has said security concerns have hampered his ability to visit home, and he has only rarely returned to the UK for short visits.
- 'The UK is my home' -
"The UK is my home. The UK is central to the heritage of my children," he said in a written statement read out by his lawyers at a 2023 hearing.
"That cannot happen if it's not possible to keep them safe. I cannot put my wife in danger like that and, given my experiences in life, I am reluctant to unnecessarily put myself in harm's way too."
Harry's mother Princess Diana was killed in a high-speed car crash in Paris in 1997 as she tried to escape paparazzi photographers.
Last week, the Court of Appeal said parts of the hearing, which is set to take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, would be held in private due to security concerns.
It was not clear whether Harry would be attending in person. The hearing comes on the same day as his wife's new podcast "Confessions of a Female Founder" is due to be launched.
- 'Singled out' -
The prince's legal battle centres on a February 2020 decision to downgrade Harry's security, made by the UK's interior ministry and a committee that deals with the protection of royals and public figures.
Britain's High Court was previously told the decision followed a change in Harry's status after he stopped being a working member of the royal family.
The High Court ruled in February 2024 against Harry's case, saying the government had acted lawfully.
The prince's initial bid to appeal was refused in April 2024 and he was ordered to pay about £1,000,000 (1.17 million euros) in legal costs, according to The Times newspaper. However, the following month, a judge said Harry could in fact challenge the decision at the Court of Appeal.
Harry's lawyers told the High Court he was "singled out" and treated "less favourably" in the committee's decision, claiming that alleged flaws made the downgrade "unlawful and unfair".
The government argued the committee was entitled to conclude Harry's protection should be "bespoke" and considered on a "case-by-case" basis.
The dispute comes as Harry, who has taken several legal suits against British UK tabloid dailies, is embroiled in a separate row over a charity he co-founded in southern Africa.
A bitter boardroom battle has seen the prince resign as patron of the Sentebale charity, while its chair Sophie Chandauka has accused him of "bullying" and being involved in a "cover up".
Harry has in turn hit out at what he called "blatant lies", and the UK-based charity watchdog has launched an investigation.
G.Stevens--AMWN