-
Hanoi hits the brakes on petrol bike ban
-
Japan economy grows faster than expected in first quarter
-
World Cup glory attracts superstar coaches into international battle
-
Stuttering Sabalenka seeks to set down marker at Roland Garros
-
'Little' Freiburg chasing glory in debut European final
-
Villa inspired by former heroes as they target Europa League glory
-
Irrepressible Sinner primed for career Grand Slam at Roland Garros
-
China market for Nvidia AI chips to open 'over time': Huang
-
Asian markets cautious, oil dips after Trump holds off on Iran attack
-
Three killed in San Diego mosque shooting, both suspects dead
-
Love, lust and gnomes as top UK flower show bursts into bloom
-
Fans of historic DC park wary of Trump plan to 'beautify' city
-
As bee population collapses, US apiarists fear research cuts
-
Lights out for Cuban students as blockade bites
-
Campaigners warn Italy's gutted rape bill could help assailants
-
Libyan ex-prison boss faces ICC war crimes hearing
-
Argentine scientists lay first traps in hantavirus hunt
-
Star of Rome's 'sexy priest' calendar admits: 'I was never a priest'
-
Harry Styles fans to splash over £1 bn on London concerts: Barclays
-
Bolivia protest sees violent clashes, looting in La Paz
-
Trump says held off on new Iran attack, upbeat for agreement
-
Los Angeles World Cup workers vow strike over ICE guarantees
-
Three killed in San Diego mosque shooting, two attackers dead
-
US to screen for Ebola at airports, one American in DR Congo infected
-
Aussie Scott officially set for 100th straight major at US Open
-
Pep Guardiola to leave Man City at end of the season - reports
-
Neymar back in Brazil squad for fourth World Cup
-
Arsenal on the brink of Premier League title after nervy Burnley win
-
World Cup winner Pavard confirms Marseille exit
-
Trump says holding off on new Iran attack
-
Cuba warns of 'bloodbath' if US attacks; Washington adds sanctions
-
Trump says delaying Iran attack at request of Gulf leaders
-
Cuba warns of 'bloodbath' if US attacks and Washington issues sanctions
-
After mayor's murder, Mexico battles to bring peace
-
Trump admin creates $1.7 bln fund to compensate allies prosecuted under Biden
-
Pelicans name Mosley as coach, two weeks after Magic firing
-
Hyderabad qualify for IPL play-offs along with Gujarat
-
'Girl in the River Main' identified 25 years on, father arrested
-
Musk loses blockbuster OpenAI suit as jury says too late
-
SNC Scandic Coin and Biconomy: Regulated real-world assets meet global trading infrastructure
-
Judge allows gun as evidence in Mangione healthcare exec murder trial
-
First attack on Arab nuclear site sends warning to Gulf, US
-
Oil rises, bond yields weigh on stocks
-
Hormuz tanker traffic edges higher after wartime low
-
Andalusia setback highlights weakness of Spain's ruling Socialists
-
India's Adani to pay $275 mn settlement to US over alleged Iran sanctions violations
-
Middle East tourism pain is Europe's gain
-
UK Labour leadership hopeful reopens Brexit debate
-
PSG's Dembele has treatment for leg issue before Champions League final
-
Spurs must play with 'courage' to seal safety: De Zerbi
Northern Dynasty: Timelines for Summary Judgement Case Updated to Reflect 43-day Federal Shutdown
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESS Newswire / November 19, 2025 / Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (TSX:NDM)(NYSE American:NAK) ("Northern Dynasty" or the "Company") and its 100%-owned U.S.-based subsidiary Pebble Limited Partnership ("Pebble Partnership") announce that as the federal government has now reopened after a 43-day closure, the lawsuit in the Alaska Federal Court will resume.
The plaintiffs (the State of Alaska, Pebble Partnership and Iliamna Natives Ltd. and Alaska Peninsula Corp.) have already filed their opening briefs. The new date by which the Department of Justice ("DOJ") must file its response brief is February 16, 2026 (previously, they were to file their response brief by January 2, 2026). The revised date for the plaintiffs to then file their response to the DOJ response brief is April 15, 2026.
"We appreciate the challenge faced by the DOJ lawyers during the shutdown; however, we believe this to be an excessive extension of time for a case attempting to support an illegal Obama/Biden-era veto," Ron Thiessen, Northern Dynasty President and CEO stated. "It continues to be our preferred outcome for the ongoing discussions to result in government officials withdrawing the illegal veto, which would allow us to terminate the summary judgement process. In the meantime, we continue a parallel track of both discussions and court action in the interest of keeping timelines as tight as possible."
About Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd.
Northern Dynasty is a mineral exploration and development company based in Vancouver, Canada. Northern Dynasty's principal asset, owned through its wholly owned Alaska-based U.S. subsidiary, Pebble Limited Partnership, is a 100% interest in a contiguous block of 1,840 mineral claims in Southwest Alaska, including the Pebble deposit, located 200 miles from Anchorage and 125 miles from Bristol Bay. The Pebble Partnership is the proponent of the Pebble Project.
For further details on Northern Dynasty and the Pebble Project, please visit the Company's website at www.northerndynastyminerals.com or contact Investor services at (604) 684-6365 or within North America at 1-800-667-2114. Public filings, which include forward looking information cautionary language and risk factor disclosure regarding the Company and the Pebble Project can be found in Canada at www.sedarplus.ca and in the United States at www.sec.gov.
Ronald W. Thiessen
President & CEO
U.S. Media Contact:
Dan Gagnier, Gagnier Communications (646) 569-5897
Forward Looking Information and other Cautionary Factors
This document includes certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements" under the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and under applicable provisions of Canadian provincial securities laws. All statements in this document, other than statements of historical facts, which address permitting, including the Company's legal action against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ("EPA") and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers ("USACE"), the withdrawal of the EPA veto and the development and production for the Pebble Project are forward-looking statements. Additional forward looking statements made by the Company under its continuous disclosure obligations include statements regarding (i) the development plan for the Pebble Project (ii) the right-sizing and de-risking of the Pebble Project, (iii) the design and operating parameters for the Pebble Project development plan, including projected capital and operating costs, (iv) the social integration of the Pebble Project into the Bristol Bay region and benefits for Alaska, (v) the political and public support for the permitting process, (vi) the ability of the Pebble Project to ultimately secure all required federal and state permits, (vii) the ability of the Company and/or the State of Alaska to challenge the EPA's Final Determination process under the Clean Water Act and ultimately the USACE's Record of Decision ("USACE ROD") through legal actions; (viii) exploration potential of the Pebble Project, (ix) future demand for copper, gold and other metals, (x) if permitting is ultimately secured, the ability to demonstrate the Pebble Project is ultimately commercially viable, and (xi) the potential addition of partners in the Pebble Project. Although NDM believes the expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements should not be in any way be construed as guarantees that the Pebble Project will secure all required government permits or regarding the ability of NDM to develop the Pebble Project in light of the USACE ROD and its subsequent remand decision and the EPA's Final Determination, establish the commercial feasibility of the Pebble Project, achieve the required financing or develop the Pebble Project.
Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of factors and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by NDM as of the date of such statements, are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies. Assumptions used by NDM to develop forward-looking statements include the assumptions that (i) the Pebble Project will obtain all required environmental and other permits and all land use and other licenses without undue delay, (ii) any feasibility studies prepared for the development of the Pebble Project will be positive, (iii) NDM's estimates of mineral resources will not change, and NDM will be successful in converting mineral resources to mineral reserves, (iv) NDM will be able to establish the commercial feasibility of the Pebble Project, and (v) NDM will be successful in its legal action against the EPA and the USACE and any action taken by the EPA in connection with the Final Determination will ultimately not be successful in restricting or prohibiting development of the Pebble Project.
In addition, the likelihood of future mining at the Pebble Project is subject to a large number of risks and will require achievement of a number of technical, economic and legal objectives, including (i) the current development plan may not reflect the ultimate mine plan for the Pebble Project, (ii) obtaining necessary mining and construction permits, licenses and approvals without undue delay, including without delay due to third party opposition or changes in government policies, (iii) finalization of the mine plan for the Pebble Project, (iv) the completion of feasibility studies demonstrating that any Pebble Project mineral resources that can be economically mined, (v) completion of all necessary engineering for mining and processing facilities, (vi) the ability of NDM to secure a partner for the development of the Pebble Project, and (vi) receipt by NDM of significant additional financing to fund these objectives as well as funding mine construction. NDM is also subject to the specific risks inherent in the mining business as well as general economic and business conditions. Investors should also consider the risk factors identified in the Company's Annual Information Form for the year ended December 31, 2024, as filed on SEDAR+ (www.sedarplus.ca) and included in its annual report on Form 40-F filed on EDGAR (www.sec.gov), as well as the risk factors set out in the Company's subsequent public continuous disclosure filings available on SEDAR+ and EDGAR. For more information on the Company, Investors should review the Company's filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission at www.sec.gov and its home jurisdiction filings that are available at www.sedarplus.ca.
The National Environment Policy Act Environmental Impact Statement process requires a comprehensive "alternatives assessment" be undertaken to consider a broad range of development alternatives, the final project design and operating parameters for the Pebble Project and associated infrastructure may vary significantly from that currently contemplated. As a result, the Company will continue to consider various development options and no final project design has been selected at this time.
SOURCE: Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd.
View the original press release on ACCESS Newswire
P.Santos--AMWN