-
Pau beat La Rochelle as Hastoy sent off after 34 seconds
-
Real Madrid drop points at Girona in third straight Liga draw
-
Napoli beat rivals Roma to join Milan at Serie A summit
-
Shiffrin bags 104th World Cup win with Copper Mountain slalom victory
-
Disney's 'Zootopia 2' rules Thanksgiving at N. American box office
-
Arteta takes heart from Arsenal escape in Chelsea battle
-
Duplantis and McLaughlin-Levrone crowned 'Athletes of the Year'
-
Rubio says 'more work' required after US-Ukraine talks in Florida
-
McLaren boss admits team made strategy blunder
-
West Ham's red-carded Paqueta slams FA for lack of support
-
Ramaphosa labels US attacks on S.Africa 'misinformation'
-
Relaxed Verstappen set for another title showdown
-
Van Graan compares Bath match-winner Arundell to Springbok great Habana
-
Arsenal held by 10-man Chelsea, Isak end drought to fire Liverpool
-
Slot hails 'important' Isak goal as Liverpool beat West Ham
-
Merino strikes to give Arsenal bruising draw at 10-man Chelsea
-
Thauvin double sends Lens top of Ligue 1 for 1st time in 21 years
-
Pope urges Lebanese to embrace reconciliation, stay in crisis-hit country
-
Arundell stars as Bath top Prem table with comeback win over Saracens
-
Villarreal edge Real Sociedad, Betis win fiery derby
-
Israel's Netanyahu seeks pardon in corruption cases
-
Verstappen wins Qatar GP to set up final race title showdown
-
Afghan suspect in Washington shooting likely radicalized in US: security official
-
Pastor, bride among 26 kidnapped as Nigeria reels from raids
-
Trump officials host crucial Ukraine talks in Florida
-
OPEC+ reaffirms planned pause on oil output hikes until March
-
Kohli stars as India beat South Africa in first ODI
-
Long-lost Rubens 'masterpiece' sells for almost 3 mn euros
-
Set-piece theft pays off for Man Utd: Amorim
-
Isak scores first Premier League goal for Liverpool to sink West Ham
-
Death toll from Sri Lanka floods, landslides rises to 334: disaster agency
-
Martinez double at Pisa keeps Inter on heels of Serie A leaders AC Milan
-
Swiss reject compulsory civic duty, climate tax for super-rich
-
Moleiro snatches Villarreal late winner at Real Sociedad
-
Pope arrives in Lebanon with message of peace for crisis-hit country
-
Celtic close on Scottish leaders Hearts after beating Hibs
-
Swiss right-to-die group says founder dies by assisted suicide
-
Zirkzee ends goal drought to inspire Man Utd victory at Palace
-
Trump threats dominate as Hondurans vote for president
-
Hong Kong in mourning as fire death toll climbs to 146
-
West Ham legend Bonds dies aged 79
-
Swiss reject compulsory civic duty, climate tax for super-rich: projections
-
Kohli's 135 powers India to 349-8 in first South Africa ODI
-
Indonesia, Thailand race to find missing as flooding toll tops 600
-
After call for Christian unity, pope leaves Turkey for Lebanon
-
Floods hit Sri Lanka's capital as cyclone deaths top 200
-
Netanyahu submits pardon request in Israel corruption cases
-
Corbyn's new left-wing party opts for collective leadership
-
Indonesia, Thailand race to find missing as flooding toll rises to 480
-
In Istanbul, pope meets bereaved family, prays with Armenians
France charges fourth suspected member of Louvre heist gang
France on Friday charged the fourth alleged member of a gang arrested over last month's spectacular jewel heist at the Louvre museum, prosecutors said.
On October 19, the four-person gang raided the world's most-visited art museum in broad daylight, taking just seven minutes to steal jewellery worth an estimated $102 million before fleeing on scooters.
Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau described the fourth suspect as a 39-year-old man born in the working-class Paris suburb of Seine-Saint-Denis.
"Already convicted six times, this man was known to courts for various offences, such as pimping, driving without a licence, and receiving stolen goods," Beccuau said in a statement.
He has been imprisoned pending trial.
The last suspected member of the gang was arrested on Tuesday at a construction site in the western French town of Laval, according to a source close to the case.
The four suspects believed to have carried out the robbery have now been arrested and charged with organised theft and criminal conspiracy.
The stolen jewellery is still missing as well as those who ordered the theft.
- Crown jewels -
The investigation is continuing to determine the precise role of each member of the gang, "as well as to clarify the conditions under which the theft was planned and carried out", Beccuau said.
The thieves parked a truck with an extendable ladder below the museum's Apollo Gallery housing the French crown jewels, clambered up, broke a window and used angle grinders to cut into glass display booths containing the treasures.
The other suspects already behind bars -- men aged 35, 37 and 39 -- are suspected of having been part of the four-person team.
Two of them are believed to have entered the Apollo Gallery, while the other two — including the one charged on Friday — remained outside before fleeing together.
Beccuau said in early November that the suspects were believed to be small-time criminals and not members of organised crime groups.
Earlier this week French daily Le Parisien said that one of the suspects said the gang had been hired by two men "with Slavic accents" who allegedly offered them a contract for a routine burglary.
The suspect claims he thought he was robbing a business office, the newspaper said.
The thieves dropped a diamond- and emerald-studded crown that once belonged to Empress Eugenie, the wife of Napoleon III, as they escaped.
But they made off with eight other items of jewellery including an emerald-and-diamond necklace that Napoleon I gave his second wife, Empress Marie-Louise.
A 38-year-old woman who is the partner of one of the men is suspected of complicity. They have children together. The woman has been released on bail.
Louvre director Laurence des Cars last week promised more police and security cameras to prevent future thefts. She said around 20 "emergency" measures would be introduced, including officers being based "inside the Louvre" and 100 new security cameras around the museum.
P.Silva--AMWN