-
Pau beat La Rochelle as Hastoy sent off after 34 seconds
-
Real Madrid drop points at Girona in third straight Liga draw
-
Napoli beat rivals Roma to join Milan at Serie A summit
-
Shiffrin bags 104th World Cup win with Copper Mountain slalom victory
-
Disney's 'Zootopia 2' rules Thanksgiving at N. American box office
-
Arteta takes heart from Arsenal escape in Chelsea battle
-
Duplantis and McLaughlin-Levrone crowned 'Athletes of the Year'
-
Rubio says 'more work' required after US-Ukraine talks in Florida
-
McLaren boss admits team made strategy blunder
-
West Ham's red-carded Paqueta slams FA for lack of support
-
Ramaphosa labels US attacks on S.Africa 'misinformation'
-
Relaxed Verstappen set for another title showdown
-
Van Graan compares Bath match-winner Arundell to Springbok great Habana
-
Arsenal held by 10-man Chelsea, Isak end drought to fire Liverpool
-
Slot hails 'important' Isak goal as Liverpool beat West Ham
-
Merino strikes to give Arsenal bruising draw at 10-man Chelsea
-
Thauvin double sends Lens top of Ligue 1 for 1st time in 21 years
-
Pope urges Lebanese to embrace reconciliation, stay in crisis-hit country
-
Arundell stars as Bath top Prem table with comeback win over Saracens
-
Villarreal edge Real Sociedad, Betis win fiery derby
-
Israel's Netanyahu seeks pardon in corruption cases
-
Verstappen wins Qatar GP to set up final race title showdown
-
Afghan suspect in Washington shooting likely radicalized in US: security official
-
Pastor, bride among 26 kidnapped as Nigeria reels from raids
-
Trump officials host crucial Ukraine talks in Florida
-
OPEC+ reaffirms planned pause on oil output hikes until March
-
Kohli stars as India beat South Africa in first ODI
-
Long-lost Rubens 'masterpiece' sells for almost 3 mn euros
-
Set-piece theft pays off for Man Utd: Amorim
-
Isak scores first Premier League goal for Liverpool to sink West Ham
-
Death toll from Sri Lanka floods, landslides rises to 334: disaster agency
-
Martinez double at Pisa keeps Inter on heels of Serie A leaders AC Milan
-
Swiss reject compulsory civic duty, climate tax for super-rich
-
Moleiro snatches Villarreal late winner at Real Sociedad
-
Pope arrives in Lebanon with message of peace for crisis-hit country
-
Celtic close on Scottish leaders Hearts after beating Hibs
-
Swiss right-to-die group says founder dies by assisted suicide
-
Zirkzee ends goal drought to inspire Man Utd victory at Palace
-
Trump threats dominate as Hondurans vote for president
-
Hong Kong in mourning as fire death toll climbs to 146
-
West Ham legend Bonds dies aged 79
-
Swiss reject compulsory civic duty, climate tax for super-rich: projections
-
Kohli's 135 powers India to 349-8 in first South Africa ODI
-
Indonesia, Thailand race to find missing as flooding toll tops 600
-
After call for Christian unity, pope leaves Turkey for Lebanon
-
Floods hit Sri Lanka's capital as cyclone deaths top 200
-
Netanyahu submits pardon request in Israel corruption cases
-
Corbyn's new left-wing party opts for collective leadership
-
Indonesia, Thailand race to find missing as flooding toll rises to 480
-
In Istanbul, pope meets bereaved family, prays with Armenians
Colombia spy chief says working 'hand in hand' with CIA despite row
Colombia's spymaster on Friday told AFP that intelligence-sharing with the CIA and other US agencies is "completely fluid" despite an angry public spat between the country's two leaders.
"They are collaborating a lot, and so are we," Jorge Lemus, head of the National Intelligence Directorate, said in a rare interview, seeking to scotch talk of a rupture with the US spy agency.
Decades of close security cooperation between Colombia and the United States were upended last month when Washington slapped sanctions on Gustavo Petro, accusing the guerrilla-turned leftist president of aiding drug traffickers.
Petro responded by lambasting Donald Trump's "murder" of alleged traffickers in the Caribbean Sea and declaring that Colombia would no longer share intelligence with the United States.
That threat was later rowed back by Petro's aides. But Lemus's comments are the first high-level confirmation that intelligence cooperation continues unabated despite the diplomatic rancor.
Lemus said Colombia had destroyed 10,000 cocaine labs this year and operations are still being carried out "many times together with them, hand in hand with them."
Experts had warned that a break in intelligence cooperation could spark a surge in cocaine exports to the United States and strengthen the hand of cartels.
Several Colombian ex-military and intelligence bosses had told AFP Petro's threat to cut intelligence sharing was "absurd" and "makes no sense."
One former US intelligence official said information gleaned from human sources by Colombian officers was often vital in supporting American eavesdropping and satellite intelligence.
Lemus insisted that cooperation continues "not only with the CIA, but with all agencies, they have various. With all of the US intelligence agencies, it remains completely fluid," he said.
"We continue exactly as before," he added. "At the end of the day, we are both fighting against drug trafficking".
- No CIA leak -
Lemus, himself a former guerrilla, was appointed by Petro earlier this year.
In recent weeks, his powerful agency has been rocked by accusations that a senior spy colluded with guerrilla groups, helping them to buy arms and evade detection.
Lemus told AFP that the operative in question, Wilmar Mejia, had been suspended from duty pending investigation.
At the same time, he argued that Mejia had been an excellent spy who had rose quickly through the ranks and that the evidence against him may have been "staged."
Local media have published alleged chats between Mejia, an army general, and a guerrilla commander of a FARC splinter group that opposed the 2016 peace process.
The Caracol TV report alleged that Mejia worked with the rebels to set up a security company that allowed them to travel undetected in armored vehicles and carry weapons.
Petro has claimed the information is false, accusing the CIA of being behind the leak.
Lemus denied the CIA was involved and said the president had "perhaps received incorrect information."
"No, we don't support it [this accusation], and the president also knows that the issue comes from other sources."
Y.Kobayashi--AMWN