-
Guardiola's Premier League legacy carried forward by Spanish coaches
-
Walmart reports solid results but sees some consumers struggling
-
Oil gains, stocks slip on uncertain Mideast peace prospects
-
Stellantis unveils 60 bn euro push to revive profitability
-
French films tackle war and fascism as crunch election looms
-
Italian divers in Maldives may have got lost in cave: recovery firm
-
Do tennis players really only take 15 percent of Grand Slam revenues?
-
Sinner, Djokovic kept apart in French Open draw
-
In Ankara, DW journalist goes on trial for 'insulting president'
-
Arteta alone in garden when Arsenal clinched Premier League title
-
EU countries urge sanctions on Israeli minister for activists' treatment
-
EU slashes eurozone 2026 growth forecast on Mideast war
-
Chinese authorities demolish villager's madcap 10-storey home
-
Air France, Airbus guilty of manslaughter in 2009 Paris-Rio crash: French court
-
Lustrinelli succeeds Eta as Union Berlin coach
-
Alex Marquez out of Italy, Hungary MotoGP races after crash
-
'French Banksy' and Daft Punk star turn Paris bridge into Alpine cave
-
Late queen pushed for son Andrew to be UK trade envoy: official papers
-
Denmark to autopsy 'Timmy' the whale
-
Oil gains, European stocks down on uncertain Mideast peace prospects
-
War risks choking Iran's world-beating cinema, warn directors
-
Neuer recalled to aid Germany World Cup bid
-
Samsung chip employees to get average $338,000 bonus under strike deal
-
Cambodian avatars pray to spirits for rain, peace with Thailand
-
Deadly DR Congo Ebola outbreak spreads to M23-held South Kivu
-
Spain to launch biggest forest fire campaign after record losses: PM
-
Cuba outraged after US indicts Raul Castro
-
Pakistan army chief due in Iran as Trump says talks on 'borderline'
-
EasyJet posts deeper first-half loss on Mideast war
-
In Ankara, Iran World Cup squad players start US visa process
-
Sri Lanka cricket finances 'greater than feared': interim chief
-
Ubisoft shares plunge after grim annual results
-
Vets bid to save Kosovo's stray dogs from cull through sterilisation
-
Mideast war forces EU to slash eurozone 2026 growth forecast
-
Gaza flotilla activists await deportation from Israel
-
Rich nations topped $100 bn climate finance goal again in 2023, 2024: OECD
-
London next step in all-women Athlos' goal to be 'F1 of track and field'
-
Asian stocks surge on Iran hopes, Samsung union talks
-
Winston Churchill's 'playful' paintings go on show in London
-
Tourists in Thailand plan for coming cuts to visa-free stays
-
Australia 'disappointed' by Chinese owner's resistance to forced port sale
-
Philippines orders arrest of fugitive senator sought by ICC
-
'They're afraid': Nicaraguan writer Gioconda Belli on fighting censorship
-
Samsung shareholders vow legal action over tentative union deal
-
'Ready for violence': Serbian hooligans target protesters
-
Some Ukrainian refugees head home - for dental work
-
Top UN court to rule on right to strike
-
Bordeaux-Begles' Lucu on verge of Basque 'dream' with Champions Cup final
-
Juve risk disaster as Serie A's Champions League race goes down to the wire
-
Antonelli seeks to extend sensational start with fourth win
France bans 10 UK far-right activists over anti-migrant actions
France has banned 10 British far-right activists for actions in France intended to stop migrants crossing to England on small boats, the interior ministry said Wednesday.
Immigration has become a central political issue in the United Kingdom, as the government seeks to stem a wave of undocumented migrants arriving on English shores after paying smugglers to cross the Channel.
The arrivals have fuelled rising anger on the British far right, and since last year videos have circulated of anti-migrant activists visiting France to take matters into their own hands.
France's interior ministry said it took action following reports that members of the "Raise the Colours" movement had conducted anti-migrant activities in France.
On Tuesday, "territorial bans were issued against 10 British nationals, identified as activists within the movement and having carried out actions on French soil", it said.
It did not immediately name the 10 people, or the exact nature of their actions in France.
But French authorities have opened an investigation over an alleged "aggravated assault" on migrants in September in a coastal area near the northern city of Dunkirk.
Four men carrying British and English flags verbally and physically assaulted a group of migrants in Grand-Fort-Philippe on the night on September 9 to 10, telling them they were not welcome in England, a charity working with migrants told AFP.
- 'Disgraceful' ban -
"Raise the Colours" denounced the ban as "absolutely disgraceful" in a post to X.
Another of its social media accounts, this one on Instagram, whose profile logo includes the words "Operation France", late last year posted videos of anti-immigration activists on France's northern coastline.
In one video posted in November, a man filmed himself on a French beach, saying he had found a small inflatable boat buried in the sand and had slashed it.
"That is not going to England," said the man, who elsewhere has called himself Ryan Bridge.
In another post published earlier the same month, he waded into the sea shouting at what appeared to be dozens of undocumented migrants boarding an inflatable dinghy on their way to England.
"You're not welcome in our country," he said, calling the passengers "potential rapists, murderers and child abusers".
The debate about immigration in the United Kingdom last year triggered a new trend of flying English and British flags.
Anti-racism campaigners say far-right activists are behind the main organisers, "Raise the Colours".
Migrants have long sought to cross the Channel from France to the United Kingdon dreaming of a better life in Britain.
Last year saw the second highest number of undocumented migrants arrive on British shores since the Channel crossings from France began in 2018.
F.Pedersen--AMWN