-
Trump pauses 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Humanoid resources: China's robots search for workforce breakthrough
-
Five Premier League stars to watch this season
-
China goes rural with data centres in quest to power AI
-
China's robots open to opportunities in search of commercial breakthrough
-
Trump pauses planned 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Tech leads losses as Asian stocks track Wall St selloff
-
Ikitau, Suaalii named in Australia squad for Argentina Tests
-
US, South Korea cut drills short after Trump criticism
-
'American Doctor' shows brutality of conflict in Gaza
-
Italian scientists bet on octopus to fight crab invasion
-
New Zealand blocks lawsuits against firms over climate harm
-
New 'Insidious' reflects anxiety of being a new parent: director
-
Aussie Rules club suspends five players amid police probe
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to advance at Cincinnati
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to power ahead in Cincinnati
-
Turkey rejects Israeli claims after strike on Syria air base
-
Israel blames Turkey after strike on Syria air base
-
Climate change main driver of European ocean warming: study
-
Trump, Carney talk as Canada seeks to hold off new US tariffs
-
Gauff finds a way into the Cincinnati fourth round
-
NASA images reveal crater left by SpaceX rocket's Moon crash
-
ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard dies at age 77
-
UN atomic watchdog says found tons of nuclear material at Syria site
-
Bayern's Musiala reveals 'neurological disorder' after on-field collapse
-
Ecuadoran diplomat enters race to be next UN chief
-
Angelique Kidjo immortalised on Hollywood Walk of Fame
-
US sanctions ICC chief Tomoko Akane of Japan
-
France to expel two Iranian diplomats: foreign minister
-
US moves to open vast tracts of pristine forests to logging
-
Spain's Granada closes iconic Alhambra as new quake hits
-
US sanctions International Criminal Court chief Tomoko Akane of Japan
-
Venus, Stephens, Monfils named among US Open wild cards
-
Meta hooked children and misled public: prosecutors
-
Rodri joins La Liga champions Barcelona from Manchester City
-
France's first women's rights minister Yvette Roudy dies, aged 97
-
Disney, ABC sue US regulator over threat to broadcast licenses
-
French producer Nicolas Altmayer, Dior PR chief Favier die in car crash
-
Trump, Carney hold talks as new US tariffs on Canada loom
-
Bezos consortium bought nearly 40 percent of Liverpool: report
-
Germany opens new drone research centre as security threats mount
-
Trump says no Iran talks planned, claims Hormuz 'new US territory'
-
How only a few tree species drive Amazon forest recovery
-
Canada seeks to avert new US tariffs as deadline looms
-
Ivonne A-Baki enters race to be next UN chief
-
US primaries test Democrat comeback hopes in Trump stronghold
-
Ukraine says Russian strike kills 10 in northeast region
-
Scientists discover how narwhals grow nature's only straight tusk
-
Meta in court over child social media addiction
-
DR Congo Ebola outbreak 'far from being under control': WHO chief
Gun salutes for King Charles III as he marks 77th birthday
King Charles III enjoyed a busy 77th birthday on Friday, seemingly determined to carry on working despite ongoing cancer treatment.
Gun salutes rang out in London to formally mark the occasion, while the monarch inaugurated a train depot in the rain in south Wales.
Charles also attended a reception with Queen Camilla for the 200th anniversary of Cyfarthfa Castle, considered a Welsh historical jewel.
Charles has maintained a relatively busy schedule of royal duties since his return to public life following the announcement of his diagnosis with an unspecified form of cancer in February 2024.
He resumed public facing engagements a few months later with a visit to a London cancer treatment centre, where he met fellow sufferers and spoke of the "shock" of receiving a cancer diagnosis.
Since then he has kept up a steady stream of royal duties including hosting a pomp-filled state visit by US President Donald Trump at Windsor Castle in September.
- 'Living with cancer' -
While most of his engagements are confined to the United Kingdom, Charles has made some foreign trips.
Last month, the royal couple visited the Vatican, when Charles held a landmark joint prayer session with Pope Leo XIV.
"What they say is 'he's living with cancer'. They don't say anything other than that. We can't know any more than that," said royal author Robert Jobson.
"It's not the same as he is in remission... But I think he's doing a terrific job of what he's doing," he said, adding that he could not be expected to be "100 percent fit".
Charles has a reputation as something of a workaholic and is said to have been eager to get back to work quickly.
Some habits have altered however: the monarch has reportedly been persuaded to change the habit of a lifetime and now eats lunch.
Camilla, speaking to the BBC while visiting the Vatican, said Charles loved his work and that it "keeps him going".
"If you've been ill and you are recovering, you're getting better and now he wants to do more and more and more. That's the problem," she said.
- Andrew headache -
Charles' return to work may have gone smoothly but managing other members of what the late Queen Elizabeth II famously called "the firm" has proved a headache.
Already reeling from a highly publicised rift with his younger son Harry, he has faced more controversy surrounding his brother Andrew.
Charles last month stripped Andrew of his prince title in an attempt to limit the damage to the monarchy of the scandal of his brother's links to convicted US sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
As part of the sanction, Andrew was also told he could no longer live in his palatial home on the royal family's Windsor estate west of London.
But with material linked to Epstein still being released and picked over in the United States, stripping Andrew of his title is unlikely to be the end of the affair.
While Charles continues his treatment, other members of the family are becoming more prominent.
Heir and future king Prince William made his first visit to Brazil this month for his annual Earthshot Prize which awards one million pounds ($1.3 million) to five pioneering projects tackling threats to the environment.
A committed environmentalist like his father, he has made it clear he wishes to make time to dedicate to his family -- wife Catherine and children George, 12, Charlotte, 10, and Louis, seven.
But he also said in a recent interview that "change is on my agenda".
S.Gregor--AMWN