-
Three killed in San Diego mosque shooting, both suspects dead
-
Love, lust and gnomes as top UK flower show bursts into bloom
-
Fans of historic DC park wary of Trump plan to 'beautify' city
-
As bee population collapses, US apiarists fear research cuts
-
Lights out for Cuban students as blockade bites
-
Campaigners warn Italy's gutted rape bill could help assailants
-
Libyan ex-prison boss faces ICC war crimes hearing
-
Argentine scientists lay first traps in hantavirus hunt
-
Star of Rome's 'sexy priest' calendar admits: 'I was never a priest'
-
Harry Styles fans to splash over £1 bn on London concerts: Barclays
-
Bolivia protest sees violent clashes, looting in La Paz
-
Trump says held off on new Iran attack, upbeat for agreement
-
Los Angeles World Cup workers vow strike over ICE guarantees
-
Three killed in San Diego mosque shooting, two attackers dead
-
US to screen for Ebola at airports, one American in DR Congo infected
-
Aussie Scott officially set for 100th straight major at US Open
-
Pep Guardiola to leave Man City at end of the season - reports
-
Neymar back in Brazil squad for fourth World Cup
-
Arsenal on the brink of Premier League title after nervy Burnley win
-
World Cup winner Pavard confirms Marseille exit
-
Trump says holding off on new Iran attack
-
Cuba warns of 'bloodbath' if US attacks; Washington adds sanctions
-
Trump says delaying Iran attack at request of Gulf leaders
-
Cuba warns of 'bloodbath' if US attacks and Washington issues sanctions
-
After mayor's murder, Mexico battles to bring peace
-
Trump admin creates $1.7 bln fund to compensate allies prosecuted under Biden
-
Pelicans name Mosley as coach, two weeks after Magic firing
-
Hyderabad qualify for IPL play-offs along with Gujarat
-
'Girl in the River Main' identified 25 years on, father arrested
-
Musk loses blockbuster OpenAI suit as jury says too late
-
SNC Scandic Coin and Biconomy: Regulated real-world assets meet global trading infrastructure
-
Judge allows gun as evidence in Mangione healthcare exec murder trial
-
First attack on Arab nuclear site sends warning to Gulf, US
-
Oil rises, bond yields weigh on stocks
-
Hormuz tanker traffic edges higher after wartime low
-
Andalusia setback highlights weakness of Spain's ruling Socialists
-
India's Adani to pay $275 mn settlement to US over alleged Iran sanctions violations
-
Middle East tourism pain is Europe's gain
-
UK Labour leadership hopeful reopens Brexit debate
-
PSG's Dembele has treatment for leg issue before Champions League final
-
Spurs must play with 'courage' to seal safety: De Zerbi
-
Hantavirus-hit cruise ship ends deadly voyage
-
Champagne start in Reims for 2028 Tour de France
-
Dogs allowed on new Brigitte Bardot beach in glitzy Cannes
-
Croatia names Modric-led World Cup squad
-
Iran World Cup squad lands in south Turkey for training
-
Mushfiqur ton leaves Pakistan needing record run chase to beat Bangladesh
-
Transport protests hit Kenya over rising fuel prices
-
France unveils architects to transform Louvre
-
Ex-Google man takes reins at under-fire BBC
Australian police investigate Taylor Swift's dad over alleged assault
Australian police are investigating claims Taylor Swift's dad assaulted a photographer when the star and her entourage were disembarking a superyacht in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
"Police have been told a 71-year-old man allegedly assaulted a 51-year-old man at Neutral Bay Wharf about 2:30 am, before leaving the location," police spokeswoman Alicia McCumstie told AFP.
"The younger man reported the incident and inquiries are now under way by officers attached to North Shore Police Area Command."
Australian police do not usually formally identify people accused or alleging crimes.
But a law enforcement source and the alleged victim, veteran photographer Ben McDonald, both told AFP the man was Swift's dad, Scott Swift.
McDonald said he had been photographing the US pop icon on a "super yacht" in Sydney Harbour, an apparent celebration after the last of her four sellout gigs in the city.
- 'Punched me in the chops' -
McDonald alleges Swift's security detail put an umbrella in his face to prevent him from taking photographs as the singing star was walking down the jetty to a waiting vehicle.
After Swift departed, McDonald claimed a man confronted him and "took it further". "He punched me in the chops", McDonald said.
"I didn't know who he was," said McDonald, who said he initially believed it may have been an overzealous local security contractor "trying to impress the Americans".
"But I looked at photos and saw him holding hands with Taylor, and it was her dad," he said.
"It was a shock. That's never happened to me in 26 years."
A spokesperson for Taylor Swift responded to the allegation with allegations of their own, claiming there had been pushing and aggression from unnamed people at the waterside.
"Two individuals were aggressively pushing their way towards Taylor, grabbing at her security personnel, and threatening to throw a female staff member into the water," the spokesperson told AFP.
Swift's representative did not comment on the alleged assault by the star's father, or respond to requests for further clarification about what took place.
The megastar is currently in the midst of a worldwide blockbuster Eras Tour, which is expected to be the highest-grossing musical tour of all time at over $1 billion, according to Pollstar.
She is due to head to Singapore this week for further tour dates.
Police refused to comment on whether Scott Swift had been contacted or questioned in advance of the group's departure.
Online, fans rushed to his defence, who some fans dub "Papa Swift".
"Free Scott Swift," posted social media user @Soyytv.
F.Pedersen--AMWN